Hillcross Dental Practice takes the safety and well-being of our patients and staff very seriously. Strict sterilisation procedures are followed in order to eliminate the risk of cross-infection.
The following procedures are followed for your protection:
- We wear disposable gloves which are changed for each patient.
- Hands are cleaned before and after each patient using specially prepared medical scrub.
- We provide protective eyeglasses for patients.
- We wear facemasks and protective eyewear.
- All surfaces in the surgery are disinfected with the latest recommended antimicrobial products between patients.
- We have a central sterilizing area where our staff use the latest proven sterilisation techniques.
- All handpieces and non disposable instruments are washed and inspected before being placed into a vacuum steriliser.
- Instruments are stored in sterile pouches until used.
At Hillcross Dental Practice all of our team are thoroughly trained in first aid and resuscitation and we update our training at least once a year. We have immediate access to an automatic defibrillator.
At Hillcross Dental Practice we are committed to using the most up to date materials.