What is an Inman Aligner?
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely. It’s ideal as a stand alone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Mr Cullen will give you a realistic guide of what to expect. For suitable cases, the Inman Aligner is usually much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What’s involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Mr Cullen will determine if the Inman Aligner is suitable for you, a case study model can be made to illustrate what your teeth will look like after treatment.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, some form of retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a fixed bonded retainer or a removable retainer to wear at night.